Apurimac Rafting – Black Canyon
Apurimac River Rafting Black Canyon 3 Days
The Apurimac river (Speaker of the Gods) or (means “the oracle”) in the native Inca Language, is the most direct source of the Amazon River, making it the longest river in the world. It has different sections, some of them are very good for rafting. This river rafting is rated among the 10 best rafting trips in the world. We start the trip in Cusco at 3,400 mts altitude and drive down to the canyon at 2200 meters. So, the weather is much warmer.
- Raft world class grade III and IV rapids
- Take time to enjoy rare wildlife and beautiful scenery
- Suitable for age twelve upwards
- Location: Apurímac and Cusco departments. On the border of Anta (Cusco)
- Weather: Semi-dry and cold, rainy from December to March.
- Average temperature: 14 °C (52 °F).
- Season: From May to December.
- Level: Grade II, III and IV
- Time: 3 days
Day 1: Itinerary: Cusco / Rocoto Bridge Apurimac River
We will pick you up at your hotel at 9:00 am a spectacular ride through grassy open sierra down into the Apurimac river canyon at 2,200 meters altitude, we put in at a sandy beach at “Rocoto”. Our Swift water Rescue certify English speaking professional river guides will provide you with all the proper equipment and give you a safety talk. Once in the water we will enjoy class lll rapids, along the way we will encounter the bases of ancient Inca bridges, and admire the beauty of the waterfalls. On the flat-water section of this river, we will add some extra toys to play, such as inflatable kayaks (Ducky’s) and Hydro Speeds. (L+D).
Day 2: The Black Canyon Apurimac River
Early morning weak up call for a fresh fruit salad breakfast with oats and yogurt, Coffee, Tea, granola. A walk near the camp to admire the flora. We pack our gear and start the float, today we can run more class lll plus rapids and have time to explore a creek, then we pass this magnificent rock formations call the “Black Canyon”, afterwards a tributary river the Santo Tomas brings more water into the river and we will encounter several class IV rapids. A very good healthy lunch will be served and later on the float we will see some hanging bridges, also there are some good chances of close encounters with the local fauna, such as the Torrent duck, foxes, Andean gull, and the magnificent Condor. Cam of a Sandy beach underneath the stars of the Southern hemisphere. such as the Milky Way and the Southern Cross. (B+L+D).
Day 3: Walpachaca Bridge / Cusco
Another delicious breakfast and into the water day we have the most intense class IV rapids. Such as “Trinchera”, “El encuentro”, “The other right”. We will have more time to explore the waterfalls and the creaks also time to play with the ducky’s and hydro Speed. Arrival at Puente Walpachaca around noon for a 3-hour drive back to Cusco.
- All the meals while on the river (2 Breakfast 3 lunch, 2 Dinner).
- State of the art Rafting equipment.
- Swift Water Rescue qualified English-speaking professional river guides.
- Safety Kayak and/or Cataracts depending on the number of participants.
- Inflatable kayaks and Hydro Speeds.
- Double occupancy tents with mattresses and light weight, sleeping bags with cotton sheets.
- Transportation to and from the river.
- Comprehensive Emergency First Aid Kit.
- Sustainable environmental practices and procedures.
- Hotels and Transfers in Cusco
- Tips, drinks.
- Services not mention
- Sandals or slippers for the river
- Two pairs of stocking for the river and others for the camp
- A light sleeping bag and mat
- A hat for the sun
- Insect repellent
- A water bottle
- Pants and long-sleeved shirt
- Sunscreen, towel and personal hygiene Items
- Flashlight with spare batteries
About the Apurimac River
The Apurimac River is one of the main rivers of Peru, which constitutes the upper part of the course of the Ucayali River, and part of the main course of the Amazon River. It originates in the Andes mountain range, in the Nevado Mismi mountain (5597 m), between Cuzco and Arequipa, 650 km southeast of Lima and 160 km west of the Lake Titicaca basin, being the most distant source of the Amazon basin.
Awesome Rafting along the Apurimac River
This river rafting is rated among the 10 best rafting trips in the world. We start the trip in Cusco at 3,400 mts altitude and drive down to the canyon at 2200 meters. So the weather is warm